Peter is the youngest in our family. He is fourteen years old and four years younger than me. He has long, straight hair, bright eyes and a friendly smile. Sometimes he is rather naughty at home, but he usually does what he is asked to do.
Peter is interested in sports very much, and at school, he plays football and tennis. He is the best badminton player in our family.
(sumber: pegangan guru untuk SMP/MTS oleh Bachtiar Bima Mustriana, 2009, PT Intan Pariwara)
Vocabularies: Young: muda, long: panjang, straight: lurus, hair: rambut, bright: cerah, friendly: ramah, rather: agak, naughty: nakal, interested: tertarik, player: pemain.
1. How old is Peter? He is … years old.
2. The writer is … years old.
3. Which of the following statement is not true about Peter?
a. He has long and straight hair.
b. He has bright eyes.
c. He is interested in sports.
d. He plays football and tennis.
4. According to the passage, we know that Peter is ….
a. The writer’s youngest brother
b. The writer’s elder brother
c. A naughty boy
d. A friendly boy
5. It is implied in the passage that ….
a. Peter is naughty.
b. Peter is lazy.
c. Peter is unfriendly.
d. Peter is diligent.
6. From the text, we may conclude that….
a. Many people do not like Peter.
b. People is older that the writer.
c. Peter is a welcoming person.
d. Peter is not diligent at all.
7. What is the text mostly about?
b. Peter’s hobby
c. Peter’s family
d. D. peters’ elder brother
8. ”He is fourteen years old . . . Than me.”
The underlined word refers to ….
b. The writer
c. The writer’s brother
d. the writer’s family
9. “Peter is interested in sports very much, and at school he plays football and tennis.” The underlined phrase can be replaced by ….
a. Dislike sport
b. Really likes sport
c. Hates sport very much
d. Finds sport not really entertaining
10. “But he usually does what he is asked to do”
The underlined phrase means …
a. He does anything he wants.
b. He always asks.
c. He is lazy.
d. He is diligent.